Saturday, June 10, 2006

 

They Flew The Nest

Our baby crows took their first flight and flew away. They were not alone, they have four adult crows helping them along. Could the four adult birds be mama, papa, grandma & grandpa? Maybe Aunt and Uncle?

I wasn't able to get a picture since the nest was too high up.

This had me thinking again about "working mom vs stay-at-home mom". Gosh! They grow up so fast! These birds were only in the nest for about three or four weeks.


Other News:

My friend and her family are in China picking up her daughter. She told me she wasn't taking a laptop or stopping into the business center. I'll have to be content waiting for her to update me when she gets back. She is taking 7 weeks off from work. She saved up all of her vacation and then received two weeks of incidental pay to cover her finances during her absence.

Her referral to TA time frame was about 3 weeks. Then a week to prepare and pack. Four weeks from referral to travel. That is pretty fast, right?

Comments:
Hmmm, may have to re-think the time between referral and TA. Our first time, it was an agonizing 7 weeks. However, this is the second story I've heard about a 4 week turnaround. Of course, with the slowdown, there's fewer families to process...which could account for the shorter turnaround.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?