Tuesday, May 08, 2007

 

What I Will Do During the Wait

As Scott and I come up to our year anniversary of LID, we wonder how much longer we have to wait.

We were disheartened to learn only six days were in the most recent referrals. Although, it is better than last month's two days of referrals.

I as talking to my sister-in-law in the summer of 2006 telling her we were buying a weekend house. She mentioned she thought we were adopting, so why are you buying a weekend house. By then we knew the wait was going to be perhaps longer than 12 months and we had adoption money we could spend on an investment property. She could only respond"Oh. Hmmm...funny how things can change quickly in life".

It is true. When we started the international adoption process, we were coming out of being grieved parents of losing an inutero child. No one could have forseen not carrying through a pregnancy, especially when we announced we were going to try to get pregnant. When we announced we were adopting from China, no one could have foreseen the long wait.

I have to say the weekend house has been the best thing to keep our mind off the adoption although our adoption thoughts are always nearby. Not to mention it has been good for our relationship as well. We have remodeling projects planned for the summer which will require more money to spend. I have been doing some fishing which still isn't my favorite thing to do, but allows me to spend time with Scott. I also picked wild blackberries from our neighbor's field the last few weekends.

My personal opinion now is we will get our referral in May of 2008 (24 months). No one flame e-mail me because it is just an opinion. Although I am wishing for a quicker referral than that time frame.

Been thinking of doing:

Some of the things I have been thinking about doing during the wait is taking some real estate classes and getting my real estate license. Other things I have been thinking about doing picking up sewing again. Not that I was really good at it, but I have been wanting to make some curtains for the weekend house. Scott wants to redo the game room and make it into a home theater room. We have had trouble selling the pool table. Looks like a lot of people are wanting to do what we do. Last but not least, keep my blog up to date. On the three and half hour drive home I have a lot of time to think. Some of my thoughts are positive, others are not.

What I have done or doing:

One thing I have done recently is plant some herbs in containers. Not an earth shattering activity, but I have a black thumb. Meaning, I forget to water the plants. I also had Scott buy me new washer and dryer as well as dishwasher. My old appliances went to my grandfather who moved into a house next to my mom and stepdad. I am also looking for a new job. We had a reorganization and I think my job is in jeopardy because my work load has dropped dramatically. Not a good thing when you are an administrator considering those jobs are the first to go. There are lot of senior administrator jobs available, but not at the pay I am currently getting. At least I see the writing on the wall and I am not in denial about not getting laid off. I can act before the ax falls. God has always taken care of us, but usually the answer I receive is not always the one I expected (I'll probably write a blog entry about it soon).

What I won't be doing:


I won't be shopping for baby clothes or baby furniture right now. We also won't be buying a new vehicle unless Scott's vehicle bites the big Oreo. We will probably do these when we get closer to referral. Besides, Scott and I can't agree on a replacement vehicle. I want a minivan, but he wants a huge truck. However, we are in agreement they both suck up too much gas.

Until later.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?