Friday, May 11, 2007

 

God's Answer

God has always been good and provided for us. Sometimes the answer we seek isn't always replied to in the way we thought it should be requested.

When Scott and I were starting out in the early 90's, we were broke. He was in university and I was working a full-time job and a part-time job. We had a tough time financially, I made stupid financial decisions and let my car payment slip. The car was repossessed. Not a proud moment in my life. The sad thing is, I only had a year to pay on it. We need a car so I could get to work. I had to quick my full-time job because it wasn't on the bus line and kept the part-time job. No one would loan me money now that I had a repo on my credit report. I asked God for a car (and I saved up cash while I waited for an answer). Eventually a neighbor let Scott take his old truck and make monthly payments on it. It got us around, but Scott and I had opposite schedules. He fixed computers at people's houses. So, I asked God again for a car. A few months later Scott was on a business call and told me honey, the lady has old VW bug she will sell us for $350, how much do you have saved up? Uhh..$350 -- really weird, aye? It worked, but it was beyond old, it was falling apart.

I had to laugh at God's sense of humor. The bug worked, but the floorboards were rusted out and the seats had no cushion on them. Scott took the back seat out because it was so bad. He welded in a piece of metal on the floorboards and backseat area so nothing would fall through. So I had a two seater "minibug" and used the back seat area to haul the dogs and groceries. He then put on slipcovers on the front seats.

Scott and I always bring up the story about a man who ask God for help as flood waters trap him in his house and eventually surrounds the house and ends up on his roof. He is sent help three time and the man's answer is always "God will provide". Then the man drowns and ask God at the pearly gates why he didn't provide and God replies that he sent three people to help.

So, Scott and I are always on the lookout for the unobvious answer to our questions.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?