Sunday, May 06, 2007

 

Blackberries!



I've never picked blackberries before. These were found wild in our neighbor's pasture. It is back breaking work. My first try at this, I was in flip flops, shorts, and short sleeves. I learned that in order to get the good blackberries, I have to wear jeans, boots, and long sleeves.

The picture is from my last trip to the pasture. I think the season is coming to an end because most were shriveled from the heat.

My motto... look (bugs & snakes), listen (for snakes), lean. BUT THEY ARE GOOD and worth the effort.

I have enough to last two or three weekends of cooking. Scott and I washed them, dried them, laid them on cookie sheets, and stuck in the freezer. We then put them plastic seal-o-matic bags to store them in our freezer. I finally get to break in the electric ice cream maker we got for Christmas.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?