Monday, November 13, 2006

 

A New Chance

Some of you know how much of a difficult time I have had since I took the job as an executive assistant to the VP. Well, about four weeks ago (actually when I came back from vacation), she announced she was resigning. She resigned because she was exausted from all the travel. I had such a sense of relief because I was already looking for another job within the company. The hours were killing me health wise (I had gained 10 pounds over the last eleven months) and my husband was so worried about my stress level. The departing VP gave me the opportunity to stay at the company and work for a few directors or seek employment outside the company. I told her not to worry about me and give me a few days to think about it. Apparently, I made a name for myself and I didn't have to go seek because they came looking for me a few days after the announcement of her departure. I finally settled on working for two directors who I think are very self sufficient and would give me the opportunity to do some project management.

I saw this video by KT Tunstall and it reminded me that I WANT to be an executive assistant, but at this time not to a VP or CEO. I rather support multiple senior directors. This is my new motto for my career...



Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall


The last four weeks I have been transitition my tasks over to the acting VP's assistant. The new VP is located in California. We are almost finished transition all the tasks. It is good to be able to get off work at 5pm and have my new bosses do the same. I was even told to take the day before Thanksgiving off! Wow!

I still get to take off early on Friday and telecommute from the car while driving to the weekend house. Our lives are more content and calm. Life is good.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?