Saturday, October 21, 2006

 

Boonies Internet Service

I now have wireless internet service through our cell phone company. I agreed with Scott to not get satellite TV.

The internet service isn't fast out here, but it is faster than dial-up. Since we are near a main road, we get great cell phone coverage. If we drive out to some of the more remote bay neighborhoods which are further away from the main road, service goes in and out. I am pretty happy with the service. Especially during our commute from Austin which is about three and half hours. Scott and I have flexible work schedules and we left work early and picked up the dogs to head to the coast. My laptop has a long battery life. I was able to keep cranking out work and communicating via telephone (because I forwarded my work phone to my cell phone). It truly gave new meaning to telecommuting. By the time we got to the bay house, I was finished with my work. Although I was a little car sick and had a headache.

I wonder if service will degrade if gets rainy? Probably so, but I will have to wait until that happens. In the mean time, it is great to be able to get back to regular blogging on the weekends since it is the only time I have to update my page.

By the way, the water out here is crisp. The geese and ducks are migrating. Our area is near a major bird preserve. I always run outside to go watch the birds fly to it in perfect formation.

The flounder are moving up to the inlet bays for the winter. They say they are "running" which I think is a funny term for a fish behavior. So, they are really agressive right now. I caught a two keeper sizes last week.

As a matter of fact, I hear a fishing pole calling my name right now begging to go outside and play.

Comments:
Just browing China adopting blogs. Just wanted to say hi!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?