Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

So many Crayons


School started two weeks ago, so there is a glut of supplies on sale. Today, I was walking through the grocery store aisle and saw all the different boxes of crayons. Holy Moly! 96 crayons! I remember growing up having 8 crayons in Kindergarten, 16 crayons in first grade, and 24 crayons in second grade. I always wanted 65 crayons, but my parents couldn't afford them. BUT 96 crayons!!! The 8 box of crayons looked so dinky.

Then there are on the "other" brand of crayons. I always hated getting the other brand of crayons. The ones my mom would get me didn't write very vibrant. It was like I was coloring with a candle stick instead of a crayon.

Remember the chunky, fat, crayons for small hands? I was envious of the kids who had the chunky crayons that had a flat side so they wouldn't roll. They were less crayon, but they cost more.

Comments:
There is nothing like the big box of crayons w/ the sharpener in the back of the box. Genius.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?