Monday, August 07, 2006

 

Met M&M

I got a fantastic surprise from my co-worker friend "K" who got back from China a few weeks ago. She brought by little M & M. I haven't told "K" about my blog, so I don't want to post pictures I took. Little M&M was in the middle of a meltdown when they stopped by, but K didn't want to leave without me getting a live glimpse of M&M before leaving. Oh, she is so adorable. K was absolutely glowing with pride and happiness. M&M is still going through the bonding stage so she won't let anyone hold her. I told K if she needed a babysitter, I live just a few miles from her house. She said she will hold me to that offer.

The one surprise I had when looking at the pictures of M&M and the family is how well the "matchers" did with the facial features. M&M has the facial features of her daddy, but also resembles K as well. K used to laugh about who M&M would look like since she is tall, blond hair, blue eyes. Yet the family resemblence is truly amazing.

She had to go straight back to work two weeks after getting back from China. She brings her into the office for the first two hours of the day, then takes M&M to daycare. Her husband, T, tries to get off work early and pick up M&M so she doesn't have to be in daycare more than 6 hours. When T left for work a few days after getting back, M&M cried for nearly four hours and just stared out the window in her walker waiting for daddy. K said the day she left M&M at daycare was heart wrenching because the child was just learning to trust they are a forever family. The daycare called after two hours because M&M was screaming with fear and wouldn't let anyone touch her. M&M has adjusted to daycare and now actually likes it. K says they can't believe how much M&M eats. She has the appetite of a horse.

Comments:
I KNOW! I thought it was just me who thought the babies really resemble all the dads and a little of the moms.

Good luck with the house and expect visitors...hint, hint ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?