Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 

The Wait


From today's news about referrals, LIDs through July 13th, 2005, Scott and I may be in for long wait. Whether it is rumor or not. We have mentally prepared ourselves for 18 months to 24 months before we get our ray of sunshine. While some people may balk at the time frame, Scott and I are perfectly fine with the wait time. Sick, I know.


I've been missing in action the last few weeks because we have been pondering what we are going to do. Well, we finally made a decision a few weeks ago quite suddenly. We are NOT backing out of the adoption. We are NOT decorating a baby room. We are NOT remodeling the house. We ARE buying a vacation/weekend home.

We've been thinking about it for many years, but we were discouraged a few years ago when our real estate agent (who sold us our current home) told us a typical mortgage for a vacation home was 20% down and 15 year note. A few weeks ago, on a whim, I called our mortgage company to get specifics. I was told they offer 30 year mortgage with 5% down on vacation homes. I was completely floored. You mean we could have done this years ago?

I just kept thinking of all the money we wasted buying crap that I don't even remember buying. Most of the money probably went to dining out at lunch and dinner. Scott and I have quit cold turkey. It has been trying at times because we come home tired, but we get through the cooking and clean up because we have a common goal.

Needless to say, we are very excited. Scott can't wait to start building lifelong memories together in our vacation house with our ray of sunshine. He was telling me last night he can picture taking him/her out on the boat fishing. I chuckled because he will be sadly dissapointed if this child hates fishing. Maybe that is why he made sure some of our life pictures included him boating and fishing?

Comments:
Umm, without giving away too many specifics....in Texas? Arkansas? By the Gulf?

I figure it's gotta be by water!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?