Monday, July 31, 2006

 

Back To The Gym

Work has now settled into less madness and I now have somewhat predictable working hours. Over the last few weeks, I have noticed the size 10 pants have been feeling a little tight. My waist gets pinched when I sit down. Last week I decided to wear my jeans and was very embarrassed when I couldn't zip them up or close the button -- even sucking in my stomach and holding my breath!! I guess it is time to get off my big butt and go back to the gym. I pay monthly for the darn membership, but haven't seen the inside of the building since probably last February. Really, really pathetic and a waste (waist) of money.

Anyway, I walked two miles today at 3 MPH -- about 40 minutes. At one point I decided to run a little. Since my legs are short, 4 MPH is practically running. You know you have to lose weight when you can feel your butt cheeks jiggle with each running step. Ha!Ha! Also, I have to remember to recharge my ipod because the thing had been dormant for so long that it was dead and I didn't have any tunes to listen to. I hate listening to people who are so much more fit than me running on the treadmill making thundering step noises. THANKS you really make me feel much better!

The only thing that seems to motivate me to continue with my excercise torture is having some toothpick thin chick on the cardioglide, gliding at breakneck speed (and you can see the timer on her display which is counting up the minutes stating they have been on the glider for 43 minutes), listening to her ipod, reading Vogue magazine within my line of sight in front of me. Ugh! P-U-L-E-E-Z!

However, Scott tells me not to be critical. He reminds me that this person could have been overweight a year ago and their fit body is the result of hard work and determination. Thanks honey for putting it in perspective. I get your point.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?