Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Sushi

I am 35 years old and have never tried sushi...until today. I didn't realize the group I was with was going to a sushi place. They only told me they were going to lunch. By the time we got in the car about 1 mile from the office, there was no turning back when I found out what the main course was going to be.

Scott and another friend of mine have been trying to get me to taste sushi for years. All I would do decline and scrunch up my nose along with make ewwwww noises.

Too tell you the truth it wasn't that bad. Fortunately, I was with a group who KNOW sushi and they p
icked a really good sushi joint. It wasn't slimy and it didn't smell "fishy". I guess that is the difference between good and bad sushi.

It probably didn't hurt that I had 7 pair of eyes on me waiting to make fun of any negative facial expression I made. I dissapointed them and gave them a thumbs up after I carefully (rather messily) took my first bite of salmon on rice. Althought I still wasn't too sure what to think of the texture. Each of my co-workers began giving me technical advice on how to eat each item on the plate. I was a master by the end of the meal.

Comments:
Hey good for you!!!
We love sushi, although Rod is WAY more adventurous than I. I stick mostly to the tame stuff like California rolls and shrimp tempura rolls and he gets the nastiest, wiggliest stuff he can find. ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?