Saturday, June 17, 2006

 

E-mail from China

I received wonderful news from my friends in China. They received their daughter a few days ago. I realized they are staying an additional week to visit in Hong Kong. They said it was a trip of a lifetime so it was worth it to get there a few days early and stay an extra week.

A.

Little M.M. is doing great. She has become a giggling, affectionate baby. She's not used to being around men so she still prefers me over T. (and my back is killing me) but I can tell that soon she will be daddy's little girl.

China is just beautiful. It has such an incredibly rich culture and history and the art work is amazing and abundant. The people are friendly and curious. We keep getting the thumbs up sign from strangers and they come right up and stare at us. Now I'm wishing that I'd learned a little more in those Chinese language classes though. For example, they often point to our group of adoptive parents and then point to our noses. I think they're calling us "big nose." And the Chinese toilets make me really glad that I do yoga. ;>

- K


A.

We have had baby M.M.for 3 days now. She has really blossomed over the past few days, but there have been some rough spots. They gave her to us with a cold and she has been pretty seriously congested. She is also teething and has bed sores on her back from spending so much time on her back in the orphanage. She is very cute though and in the last day has started trying to roll over (she is almost there) and is starting to vocalize what sounds like words. She didn't smile at all her first day with us, but is warming up very quickly.

- T



I can't wait to meet M.M. K sent pictures of "meet your forever family day", but M.M. kept turning her head away when T. would try to get a pictures. Their son, C., who is 7 looked really amazed in the picture, "is this my sister?"



Comments:
Hi... I came across your blog and it was a very interesting read indeed and look forward to reading more of it... our LID to China was April 5th 2006... so about 2.5 months down so far...
Felicity
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?