Thursday, May 04, 2006

 

What a Long Day

I spent most of the day compiling the dossier and making extra copies. Apparently three copies of each original document doesn't go far. I sent out of copies of our last copy of the marriage certificate for the Chinese Consulate in Houston. I didn't have enough time to go make another copy. I have a flatbed scanner and the largest size I can print is legal size. This doc is bigger. When the docs get back, I'll have to wrestle with paper contortionist to make a copy of the doc, the certification, and authentication paper. Fun!

By the way, my birth certificate is close to the 180 day (6 month) expiration date. By the time it gets to the Chinese Consulate it will be 166 days old. Just under the wire. In case you want to know how old your docs are there is a date difference calculator I found. While I was searching for it, Scott figured it by doing adding the dates of the month and doing some subtraction. Uhh...too complicated for me, thank you. What gets me is the fact they are strict about the age date of the documents. As if my birth date is going to change! If the person who notarized it at the clerk office has a commission date which hasn't expired, then what is concern?

Anyway, as I said I spent most of the day compiling the papers and multitasking with work e-mail and telephone. I then had the originals and copies couriered to Alexa at Paperchase here in Austin. She is so awesome! She is taking care of a lot of the leg work. After she get the docs certified on Friday, she is sending them to Cindy at MyChinaDocs in Houston. Alexa has actuallly has really gone beyond what her service does. I really appreciate her help. She has been in communication with me throughout the day and this evening. She has been very helpful in keeping me sane. Cindy has been awesome as well. I was afraid our docs wouldn't get delivered on Saturday because her office location closes at 12 noon. She called me at 7:30 and offered her home address. So, if our docs pass the scrutiny of the State of Texas and the Chinese Consulate, we have a good chance of being DTC May 12th!

GWCA needs to have the documents by Wednesday at 10:30am, but I don't think we are going to have them by then, but I am going to ask for a one day extension so I can give us some wiggle room (just in case the copier breaks while making copies of the authentication pages).


This weekend I need to go to Walgreens and print our life photos. We have 15 and we are trying to narrow it to 6-10.

I am holding my breath hoping everything goes well without a hitch. Am I asking too much?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?