Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

We Have Baby Birds!

We have lived in our house a little over three years and have never had birds nest in our trees, but this year, we have .... baby crows. Okay, so they aren't the most wanted types of birds, but they are the smaller type of crows. The last week I have heard chirping, but didn't know where it was coming from. Yesterday, as I was doing some yard work, I heard them chirping loudly. I walked around looking up at the trees for nearly 10 minutes until I spotted the nest. It sounds like there are two or three chickies. Today, I saw mom and pop taking turns with big fat worms in their beaks. Everytime Heidi got close to the tree the mom or pop would fly away, even if they had food in their beaks. All they would do is circle around and land from a different direction. I hope to be able to get a picture of the nest in the next few days. Scott comes home tomorrow, so I hope to use the digital camera. So calming to listen to them and watch mama and papa work at non-stop feeding. It so neat to see the parents work endlessly to help their offspring become healthy to take their first leap of faith and fly.

...just in case they don't make it. I've weeded and cleaned the flower bed below. Waiting to take on an abandoned bird if I need to.

Comments:
I have some baby birds at my house, too. Robins. :) There is a nest on my back patio...

Melissa
LID 10/31/05
babyheaton.blogspot.com
 
Pictures, we need pictures!!! :-)

(That Salt Lick restaurant you mentioned sounded great! Which cobbler did you end up getting?)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?