Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

Scraping Myself Off the Ceiling - Reality Hits

I told Scott I'll take the docs to SOS on Thursday and he could take them to the Houston Chinese Consultate. Then reality hit and we checked our work schedules Frack! I have a full work schedule this week and he has a full schedule next week. He said he could take the paperwork to Houston this Friday, but I don't think we are going to have everything done tomorrow because 1.) WE have to get the application letter and "copy" of the I-171H notorized. "WE" have opposite schedules and only see each other at night. We have to be together to get the docs notarized. 2) Oh! And I have to go shopping tomorrow to go buy awards for my department's big meeting then take them to go get engraved. The engraving takes two business days. Somehow, life just gets in the way. 3.) take the docs to GWCA to review before going to SOS. 3) Then taking the time to go down to the SOS office. I can't accomplish that in one day.

I also realized I haven't put together our lifestyle photos. They are all digital, so I have to put them on my camera disk and get them processed at Walgreens or CVS.
Maybe I should just give up on trying to DTC on May 12th and be content with May 19th?

Well, Scott just came up to me and said "honey, I know you are stressed about work and I am stressed about work. Pay the extra fees. Call a mobile notary to come to the house afterhours and have the docs to the state SOS and Chinese consulate couriered. If you have to hire a courier to drive from Austin to Houston to save a day, do it." His thought is that is that the courier fees are a drop in the bucket compared to the other cost of the adoption. Gosh! I love that man! He can be bullheaded and tight fisted with his money, but to see me unhappy brings out the best in him. He knows I don't pout to get my way.

Maybe we will make the May 12th date. What an fantastic "mother's day" gift.



Comments:
Congratulations!!!! (I'm hoping to follow in the footsteps of your timeline!)
 
Sounds like you're almost done with this part. Congratz! What a great husband you have. :-)
 
Congrats!! Sounds like you are going to get everything done and will be DTC very soon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?