Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

DTC this Friday

Yes! We will be DTC this Friday! Very exciting. Can I sleep now? I feel like I ran a marathon.

We received our package at 7:45am this morning at work. Our shipping department e-mailed me and told me "IT arrived". I got to work at 8:30. When I went to the shipping department, the guys were looking at their watches and told me I was an hour late. They were teasing because I made such a big deal yesterday to be looking for this package-- AND I arrive to work late. I couldn't sleep last night and overslept this morning!

I had to make copies of the Consulate authentication and then drive back home because I forgot our passport pictures. Needless to say my morning was spent driving around Austin. I walked back into the office around 12:00 noon. One of the directors was kinda miffed because we had two interview candidates come in (for my old job) at 11:00am and I wasn't there to walk them through security. Security didn't know who else to call since they couldn't find me. They tried calling my cell phone, but I forgot to take it with me and had left it in the office. Oh well. She'll get over it. Besides, I haven't actually told her our paperwork was completed. But the BIG cheese (who I report to now) knew what I was doing and she was okay with me leaving. The BIG cheese told me she felt really honored Scott and I would share our adoption news with her. What was really cool about her reaction was she didn't ask "So when is the baby getting here and how long are you going to take off work?" I think she knows I'll take care of finding a backup while I'm out on family leave.



Comments:
Congrats! That is so awesome, same day as me! Have you joined the May DTC group?
 
A Big CONGRATULATIONS coming your way. It is such a great feeling to get all those documents shipped off to a new place.
Karen
 
YIPPEEEEEEE! CONGRATS!
 
Congratulations!!!! Celebrate, sleep, rest, put your feet up, and breathe a big sigh of relief. oh yeah and you might want to think about tossing the body pillow to the floor for a bit - HAHAHHAH! - i had to add that...i couldn't help it...so sorry that was bad...but i couldn't help it ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?