Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

It Has Been While

I can't believe nearly four weeks have passed since I last blogged. Time passes by so quickly. I am still working two positions. Management is trying to find a replacement for my old position.

I found out today from a co-worker who is adopting through our adoption agency just got a stork alert. She said she should be in the batch referrals received. Yipee!

We are still waiting for our I-171H. I'm starting to stalk to the mail carrier again. If I don't get something by Friday, I'm calling USCIS.

On another note...

Really think twice about adopting a dog from a shelter. Man! My German Shepherd has had nothing but problems; anxiety problems. Today, she knocked down my Le Cruset $75 2qt enameled cast iron pot and broke it. Thank goodness she wasn't under it when it fell or that our chihuahua wasn't under it. It could have killed either of them or hurt her seriously. AND I'm glad it didn't crack the tile. She then got so nervous she crapped and peed on the game room carpet. She is on anti-anxiety medicine, but it can take only one thing she deems as very bad to set her on a path of nervous distruction. I am so mad. As I walk around my game room I looked at destruction she has caused over the last year and observed what has to be replaced: the curtains, the carpet, the doors need to be sanded, puttied and painted because she pawed at them when we used to lock them. Where is Cesar Milan, the dog whisperer, when we need him? What is her problem? I can see why she was returned two times to the shelter. But Scott and I said we would stick it out. She is such a sweetheart on her up days.

Scott has started an open line of e-mail communication with his biological father. They are keeping the conversation light. His father hasn't asked for them meet. I'm glad they are trying to hash things out. It has been 12 years since they last talked.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?