Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

Weekly Update

I have so much to write about, but haven't had time (and of course blogger has been up and down during the last week).


Pets:

Scooter, my 4lb chihuahua, lost his eyesight in his right eye due to a cataract in January. The vet first noticed it in August of 2005 during his annual checkup. Poor, little, guy. A few weeks ago, he ran into a small branch laying on the ground and poked his cataract affected eye. The good thing is, he isn't going to lose the eye. I mean physically lose the eye, no pun intended. The bad thing is, it is a slow recovery. He has floating white blood cell clots which are visible. He is milking the attention for all it is worth. He has adjusted well to losing part of his eyesight. He runs into things and can't judge distance very well. Scott and I agreed, along with the vet opthomologist, we will monitor his good eye. If it starts to show signs of a cataract, then we'll do surgery. It seems when are trying to save for an expensive service or purchase our pets have an emergency which dips into our savings.


Admin to the VP

The VP has selected an executive administrator! Yippee! She accepted a verbal offer, but we are waiting to see if actually signs the employment contract. I hope she does. I interviewed her. I think she has a great personality and had several previous and current managers contact the VP with the verbal reference. If she does accept, then she'll start April 3rd. It will probably take her about two weeks for me to transition task to her and an additional two weeks to train her how to use our corporate applications.

Additional Duties

After all that work of trying to find a administrator to the VP, I found out we are going to be hiring an additional director and a chief technology officer. Guess who gets to support them? Yep! Me! Hmmm... Maybe I should have just taken the job of supporting the VP? Anyway, the VP and I had a heart to heart talk. We agreed I want to keep my current job of program coordinator. After the new director and CTO are onboard, I'll evaluate their administrative needs. If they are too needy, then we'll hire an additional administrator or divide duties between me and the VP's admin. My hunch is we are going to have to hire a new administrator. In one way it is good to have economic growth, but on the other hand, it is always the administrators who are stretched thin. I don't see why, considering we are the lowest paid employees on the payroll. Believe me, since I am privvy to what the other folks make in our department. You think it isn't too much to ask to hire one other administrator.

Chicago Chinese Consulate:

I sent a few docs via courier, Denise Hope of There is Always Hope , to the Chicago Chinese Consulate. Denise sent the docs back to me via Fedex 2 or 3 day (I can't remember what I selected on the label). By the way, she did an awesome job. I highly recommend her service.

Back to Gym:

I have been feeling so out of shape. With all the hours I am putting in, I have been eating fast food for lunch and dinner. I didn't make time to go the gym. I've been paying fees for four months. That changed last Friday. I made a commitment to myself to go back. I proclaimed it to upper management too. At 4:45pm on Friday I said "I AM GOING TO THE GYM, I AM OUTA HERE!!" Today, my body is screaming "OUCH!! PAIN!!! " after five days of working out. It should pass soon. I have had to put the treadmill settings at nearly the same elevation & speed as when I first joined the gym. My body is really in sad shape. I hadn't gained any weight since I quit going to the gym, but I definately lost muscle tone and gained fat.


I-600A

Still no word from from San Antonio. Tomorrow marks the 3 week period since I submitted my application. I shouldn't be upset. I heard that Chicago USCIS is hurting since they are going through some changes. The I-600A wait is really long there.

Comments:
My fingers are crossed that you'll hear something soon.

We're just starting the process, so I'm keeping an eye ahead by reading your blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?