Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

Memories of Grandma

As I was waiting in the drive thru line at our neighborhood Whataburger. They were displaying a poster about their fish sandwich. Then I looked next door at the Sonic poster and they were also displaying a fish sandwich. Across the street at the Jack In the Box, they had a fish sandwich poster as well. What a strange thing to make me think of my maternal grandmother. Funny how the brain works. I then remembered it is the season of Lent. Grandmother always loved her fish sandwich plain and dry on Friday for lunch. On Friday evening, my grandparents would go to the local catfish parlour and then go to bingo. That was their weekly Lenten Friday ritual.

It has been 16 years since my grandmother passed away. I wonder what "little things" my parents will imprint on my child's mind which will be remembered with fondness?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?