Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

Obsessive Verifying




By the way, happy Fat Tuesday!! In my next blog, I'll tell you about my business trip to New Orleans a week before Mardi Gras last year.


I planned on mailing our I-600A today, but I was waiting for a document from our SW and she accidently mailed it to our house instead of to the office.

I had to create a new fedex airbill and I carefully double and triple checked the address and made sure to put on the envelope on a corner Orphan Petition as well as putting it on an address line.

I put a cover letter in my care package which included our social security numbers, and fifteen hundred different ways to reach us. I included the declaration saying they were true copies of the original. I also printed the I-600A application on salmon colored paper. I also enclosed a personal check for the application fee and fingerprints. I heard from someone on my local FCC- waiting yahoo group I can send a personal check instead of sending a money order. This person called the orphan officer in San Antonio a few months ago. I am still apprehensive about sending a personal check, but I don't want the hassle of standing in line at lunch to get a money order. Besides, I've been verifying and re-verifying I have crossed my "t's" and dotted my "i's" I have an obsessive compulsive issue of opening the unsealed fedex envelope and checking to make sure I have everything in there. I also keep surfing the net for any other tidbit of information I may have left off my cover letter. Scott is on a business trip and he told me over the phone that it is a "nesting" type of obsession. I'll check one more time before going to bed.

I received our employment verification notary certification from Colorado with "the great seal" WooHoo! I plan on Friday to send it to a courier in Chicago get it authenticated at the Chinese Consulate. Our employment letters are the only docs which need to authenticated out of state. All of our other documents will be authenticated in Houston.

I am still waiting for to receive Scott's Louisiana Secretary of State certified birth certificate. It will probably be delayed due to Mardi Gras.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?