Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

Homestudy Ready!

We received an e-mail from GWCA and our SW letting us know our homestudy is approved and ready. Our SW is going to get the set of documents notorized and she'll call me to go pick them up at her house. I told her I didn't want to take the risk of them getting lost in the mail.

I sent off our employment letters to the Colorado Secretary of State to get certified and Scott's birth certificate to the Louisiana Secretary of State to get certified. We had to have our employment letters redone because the first set was rejected. The notary's name didn't match what was on state records and they couldn't read the stamp because the notary pressed too hard. During that short time period, the company we work for transitioned the adoption benefit from the California HR department to the Colorado HR department. The only point of hesitation I have about the certification is the verbage for the notary. The HR dept in Colorado didn't change it to reflect the rules of Colorado. I am so tired of waiting for those darn papers I am crossing my fingers the Colorado Secretary of State will approve the certification.

Looks like we are going to part with over $500 this week to send off our I-600A. I never thought I would actually be glad to depart with money. I told Scott we will have to go celebrate because it will be a huge milestone in this adoption process.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?