Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 

Final Docs Mailed to SW

What a tremendous burden lifted. I finally was able to get Scott's physical examination from the doctor fixed. I went in last Friday and the doctor still hadn't filled out the last two questions. In his defense, the questions are kind of nested. I think the layout could be a little more clear. He was in the office and answered the last two questions.

I mailed the docs yesterday to our social worker and she received them today. The envelope only had to go a few blocks from the post office, but I was too lazy to Mapquest her address. I was also in a hurry because I had to go grab lunch for the vice president who decided at 10:59am she wanted lunch by 11:15am. The post office was near the restaurant where she wanted her lunch from.

I do have go back to the doctor and get the physical examination noted with the year Scott had surgery "as an infant". As if he remembers what year it was. We are going to guess it was the year he was born. The doctor also has to note on the exam form that the surgery is common for infants (something about 1 in 500 babies are born with this problem). THANK GOODNESS we don't need to get a letter from the doctor. GOSH! That would just have made things more difficult.

We should have our draft of the homestudy by the end of this week or beginning of next week. Yipee! Then after our approval, it is off to the case worker at GWCA. Then we can start the process of sending in our I-600A along with our homestudy. [We decided to wait until we had all the forms]

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?