Monday, January 23, 2006

 

Working, Working, Working

I don't have much to write about because I am exausted. I am covering for the executive administrator to the vice president AND doing my job. Let me just say that the exec admin doesn't do a good job and she has been told to find another job. So the admin is on vacation this week and I am cleaning up lots of crap because I refuse to let the vice president look like a fool. I've had to cover for her before and let me just say I pulled in sooooooo many hours. I was told by my boss that the VP really like my style and what would I think about moving into that position. I had to be very diplomatic in saying "no". Some jobs aren't worth it. Don't get me wrong. If it was junior executive, maybe I would have said yes. [Besides, I work for a director. At least they have a life and get home at somewhat decent hours] However, this VP has no discipline in saying "no" to anyone.. She says don't book more than 4 hours of meeting in her schedule, but then tells everyone "YES, see my administrator". Oh! And she makes her admin run personal errands such as getting lunch or getting her cell phone accessories. Egads! I've never heard of anything like that. I am purposely carpooling with Scott as much as possible this week. I'll even park in the back and tell her I carpooled so I can get out of getting lunch or running errands. Anyway, I'll be bringing home lots of moolah to help pay off the adoption loan. Fortunately, I can work from home in the evenings. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. Also, it doesn't hurt to be drinking a few glasses of wine while I peck away at the keyboard, pulling my hair out, trying to figure out how to not schedule her more than 4 hours worth of meetings each day.

I also feel stressed because the doctor call this morning with my blood test results. Everything is fine except my thyroid is slightly off. I need to go back in 2 months to get another blood test. She isn't going to note it on the medical report -- thank goodness. She has been very helpful because her first son is adopted domestically. So, she is familiar with all the scrutinizing. I need to take time off work to go meet the notary and get our reports signed on Wednesady. Scott isn't able to do it because he has a customer meeting. However, if it gets cancelled, then he'll go and take care of it. Needless to say I really don't have the time, but I am making this a priority. Hey! Family comes first! Which is why I wouldn't work for a senior executive.

(SIGH) is it Friday yet?

Comments:
Since you don't have a listed email link. Could you drop me a line on my gmail? Thx
 
Uhh, I'm trying to convey through email to you guys that we're moving it to the 11th.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?