Sunday, January 15, 2006

 

I-600A Processing Times

I am torn between sending in my I-600A now or sending it in when we get our homestudy. I have posted a question on a newsgroup about processing time with San Antonio. I heard from two people who have opposite experiences with San Antonio. One person sent in their homestudy along with their I600A and it took 6 months. The other sent it in prior to the homestudy, then they submitted their homestudy when it was done and it took 3 months from submitting the form. Now, I don't know what the extenuating circumstances are of the person who had to wait 6 months. I didn't ask if there were problems with their paperwork.

San Antonio won't make an appointment for fingerprints without the homestudy. However, at an FCC waiting families luncheon, I heard if we submit it in now, then send in our homestudy at a later date, CIS will append it to our file while we are still moving up the queue and not losing time.

I still haven't received Scott's birth certificate from Louisiana. I do remember sending this in with a return regular stamped envelope with the old postage price ( I remembered last night) Well, crap! I went to vitalchek and Louisiana was reopened December 6th and taking expedited request. Yippee!! I ordered an expedited birth certificate. It will get here in about a week and half.

Now, should I wait to send in the I-600A with the photocopy of the birthcard and passport signature page along with an explanation of why we are sending a birthcard or should I wait until the birth certificate arrives? I heard there was this infamous officer Bruno who waits 6 to 8 weeks before telling the parents there is something wrong with their paperwork.

Ahhhh, decisions, decisions. I'll probably send it in this week since they aren't even processing January I-600A's . At least I'll get in a queue. Then when I get Scott's birth certificate, I'll mail it in along with the homestudy. Better to have too much supporting information than none. I found this website https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp? which shows what dates district offices are processing. The website seems to be updated every month around the 15th.

If anyone has any recent experience with San Antonio, please leave a comment.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?