Saturday, December 10, 2005

 

USCIS Traveler Tips for China


The U.S. Department of State has a site giving tips for travelers going to China. They also suggest you register your trip with the U.S. embassy or consulate in the area you are traveling to.


https://travelregistration.state.gov/ibrs/

Registering is also beneficial in case of an emergency: your passport gets stolen, you get seriously ill, or become a victim of other types of criminal acts.

Even though I completely trust my agency, I plan on registering before we leave for China. I choose not to leave it to just someone else, but rather try to depend on myself as well. I rather be safe than sorry.

Another tip, always carry your itinerary with you along with your emergency contacts. If you are in an auto or pedestrian accident and aren't able to communicate, emergency workers can at least try to get a hold of someone you know.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?