Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

Passports

Today, DH and I went to to the post office where we could get our passports. I must say that my picture for my passport came out really nice. DH said his looks like his usual self, but nothing spetacular. We purchased extra copies of our pictures for our dossier.

Two weeks ago when I went to pick up the applications there wasn't a line. Today, we had to wait an hour. I guess a lot of people have this week off.

While we were waiting for the clerk to fill out some of our paperwork, my husband told me he wishes we could get our passports faster than the 3 week expedited fee. The clerk said, we could have driven to Houston and stood in line a few hours to have it expedited same day... or something to that comments. DH says he would have liked to do that since we were off this week. This would also give him a reason to stop by and visit family. Upon arriving home, I checked with the passport website and we could have expedited same day service if we were traveling within 14 days. We wouldn't have qualified for the service.

Needless to say, we did pay the expedited fee and spent all of our anniversary celebration money. Happy 7 year anniversary, Honey!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?