Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

Overwhelmed with the PaperChase

The paper chase has officially begun. I thought I would get a head start and obtain the birth certificates from the counties where we born.

Big Mistake.

I should have waited for the adoption manual or asked a GWCA representative. I needed to obtain the records from the state vital record archives because those are considered CERTIFIED, not to be confused with the county certified records.

I know DH's Louisiana one is going to be a hassle, but I'll try to get it. Louisiana has a huge backlog because there are not enough workers due to hurricane Katrina. The website says 12 weeks but it may be longer. I may have to use the birthcard and have a notarized note saying that we couldn't obtain it because of the ramifications of the hurricane.

I started a spreadsheet to organize each document that needs to be notarized, certified, and authenticated.

DH and I work at the same company, but our company HQ'ed is in California. Geez! Another thing to run after.

With the holidays and the fees adding up -- little money for holiday gifts :-) I am really stressed.

We are currently waiting for our SW to contact us to start our homestudy. I may ask the SW to begin the day or two after the holiday's because I'm just swamped with holiday "to-dos".

The other thing is confusing the heck out of us is how to file the I-600A. We are supposed to get a dossier consultant since we didn't choose the dossier service. Oh yes, in case I forgot to mention in earlier blogs, we can't do the dossier service because we don't have our passports.

Oh well, I'm an executive administrator by profession, so I should just consider it one of the huge projects I need to manage, but I'm not going to get paid monetarily, but it kisses and hugs in over a year. Ha!Ha!

Comments:
Hey hang in there! You can do it! AND I think it's safe to say you really don't need a dossier service. We, along with many others, did this on our own and with the help of some Yahoo boards (specifically APC) we were pretty sucessful!

Hang in there!!

Lisa : )
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?