Monday, December 05, 2005

 

Our Application is Approved!

Today we got the great news our application was approved. We were kinda sweating it there for a few days because of all the jabber about China becoming more concerned with weight.

Anyway, I can't sign the agreement yet. We are still waiting for the funds of our loan we took out to pay for the adoption fees. I'll contact the bank tomorrow to see when they'll be ready.

GWCA has a dossier service called the Dragon Plan. Basically, we give them documents and they take care of getting notarized and authentication. The plan does have a catch. When the parents (or parent) submit the dragon plan agreement contract, a copy of the passports has to be sent along with it. We haven't submitted a passport application yet because we are still waiting for DH's birthcard from Louisiana. Hopefully his birthcard will come in this week. I knew I should have requested Fedex return. Instead, I just put a self addressed stamp envelope.

By the way, I walked 2 miles today at a steep incline going 3MPH for 45 minutes. DH and I belong to a gym (members since September of this year). I was really surprised when I weighed myself today. DH was surprised too. We both lost weight! Each of us lost 2lbs.

Me: 4ft 11in 120lbs
DH: 6ft 2in 250 lbs.

We weren't even trying -- except we watch what we eat. We both agreed if the rumors persist about weight, we won't give them any cause to criticize our lifestyle because we workout 4 times a week. Besides, we joined the gym because we did want to make that life change of being healthy for our children and each other.

I love our gym. It has an indoor swimming and lap pool and outdoor swimming and lap pool. Steamrooms, saunas and whirlpools. I usually never have to wait for a piece of workout equipment. visit
www.lifetimefitness.com . It also has an awesome children's center for 3 months to 12 years of age. The center has i-macs, a huge indoor jungle gym, a romper room, baby room, and reading area. The pool area has children's hours where they are allowed to enter the pool area with parents. The gym also has a restaurant and salon. I hate when I choose a treadmill or stairmaster near the atrium because I can smell the food from the restaurant. Especially when they are making
someone a sandwich.

I can tell you it is a challenge to make it the gym. By the time you get out of work and go to the gym work out and shower it can be an extra 1 1/2 hours to your evening. Also, if we decide to swim or sit in the hottub after a work out, it can be another 45 minutes. DH and I used to be fanatics about dinner. It really stressed me out thinking we have to come home and cook an elaborate meal. Now we eat breakfast (cereal or toast) or cook lightly in the evening when we get home. I'm planning to learn some crockmeals so we have a stew or soup waiting for us when we get home. Add a whole wheat grilled cheese sandwich and voila! Dinner for two.

I honestly hope that weight doesn't become a barrier to adoption. There are so many families out there who want children who will absolutely make great parents. The women in my family are content being round. My husband has the body shape of his uncles. Genetics, but also busy lifestyles.

Besides, we both agreed that we didn't want to lose too much weight. This adoption is going to be expensive. We really can't afford to go buy new wardrobes!! DH is already on his last inside notch of his belt. Time to get out the hammer and nail to put a new notch. Ha!Ha! I told him we can get him a new belt, but he'll have to live with loose clothing until I can put money aside for new clothing. He has to dress professional because he interfaces with customers.


Comments:
Congratulations on your application approval. We are using Great Wall as well and are so happy with them. Good Luck!
Karen
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?