Friday, December 16, 2005

 

More Paper Chasing

Today I took off of work to go drive around central Texas. I drove around 110 miles. Doesn't seem, much, but boy, I'm tired.

First thing this morning, I drove about 50 miles south to the county records office to get a copy of our marriage license. I had sent off for it last week, but it was returned to me with a note saying the rates for certified copies went up from $9 to $20. Ouch!! Plus there were these other fees I couldn't make heads or tails of. So, it was easier to go in person and get it.

Okay, now the story gets interesting. I had to make copies of this license for my records and our homestudy. The sheet was 8 1/2 x 17. Who the heck has that kind of paper?? I drove around North Austin trying to find a copy place that carried it. I stood in soooooooo many lines. There were so many people trying to send gift. I guess everyone had off today because the kids got out of school early. I walked out of two copy/shipping places in disgust after standing in line for 20 minutes without moving. I finally go to the grocery store and they have a copy machine with the paper. 10 cents a copy. Score!! I put my dollar in and nothing happens. The blasted thing is turned off!!! Go to customer service and get them give me my money back. They go turn it on and leave me. I have to feed the blank paper through manually. I am trying to line up the certificate on the glass and lean over and accidentally hit the COPY button. The machine lights up and the paper is scanned. AHHHHHH!!!! The copy comes out with the original not centered properly and has a huge hand print. Do these count as finger prints? I go back to customer service and out of pity they give me my dollar back. I was so furious and at the point of crying.

Then I went to the local police department to get a police report. The clerk was really helpful, but admitted she hadn't done too many of them for adoptions. The last one was over a year ago. She said that my husband to come in person and she wouldn't do both of ours today. She said she didn't want the Chinese consulate to send the reports back because they weren't pulled on the same day. She mentioned she had a couple who had their reports sent back because the reported needed to be typed up together on the same day. She couldn't remember where they were adopting from, but she didn't want to take any chances with our reports since my husband wasn't present. I graciously gave her my thanks and left our names and social security numbers. I told her next week she can type them up and then give me a call. My husband and I would take time off of work and go sign them in front of the notary.
As I was backing out of my parking space, a lady who was parked next starts to back out about 10 seconds after me and almost hits me. I stopped her by honking my horn. Her car was a few inches from mine. Get me out of here!!

I am so emotionally drained because I felt like I didn't accomplish anything today. What was the point of taking off of work? Did I mention I am PMSing (still)? Hormones have turned me into a mad woman one minute and a blubbering cry baby the next minute. What was I thinking? I should have just stayed home and done housework.


To do list for next week. Go buy 8 1/2 by 17 inch paper because we don't stock it in our copy room. DOH!!! Call the clerk at the police department to coordinate a day and time to come in to sign our police background check. OHHHH darn!!! I have to o Christmas shopping for gifts. MIL and Bro I.L. come in next Friday for a four day holiday weekend. I haven't bought a single gift. We are too broke after all the gas, stamps, and fees we paid this week.


4:45 pm. Hubby will be home in 45 minutes. I guess I'll go take a hot jucuzzi bubble bath, put on some soft jazz music and relax with scented candles and a glass of red wine. By the hubby walks into the door, I'll be in a better mood.

I love the weekends!! That should cheer anyone up if they don't work the weekends.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?