Monday, December 12, 2005

 

A little sadness during the holidays

Today was our office holiday party. Needless to say I am also PMSing, so I can tell it is purely hormones.

I am supposed to be 6 months pregnant and its been 3 months since we lost the baby. My co-workers were talking about each other's children and the toys our department was going to donate to a local shelter and WHAM! I started thinking that I should be six months pregnant and find it difficult to walk. I then started to think about all the cute maternity clothing I bought that I will never get to wear. The heat rose to my cheeks and my throat tightened up. I got up from the luncheon table and walked (no more like ran) to the bathroom and started bawling. Then I tried to sneek to my office where I had a few co-workers stop by to check on me. I just couldn't stop crying. I finally had to go home.

I should be happy we are adopting. Don't get me wrong, I am. However, I am still grieving for our loss. I probably will feel this way until our son's due date passes in March.

Comments:
Andie,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. Hang in there! Loss is always hard even when you have something to look forward to. My husband and I are hoping to start moving forward on adoption in January. We've been trying to get pregnant for about 1 1/2 years and are nearing the end of our patience for fertility treatments. Even though I did not have to experience the loss you did, when I went to the doctor today to get examined, once again, and saw all the pregnancy flyers and pictures of babies, I lost it myself! Thanks for sharing your feelings, and good luck with the remainder of your journey!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?