Monday, December 19, 2005

 

First Home Study

Our first home study will be next week. Interesting. I thought they would start with the "couple" sessions first, but instead we will be doing individual interviews back to back. DH is up in arms because I told the SW we would have our autobiography done by this Friday the 23rd. He wasn't upset, but said why couldn't it be the 26th? What difference would it make? I know he wouldn't have it done by the 26th. I am almost finished with mine. I have a few more questions to answer and on Wednesday, I'll check grammar and spelling.

Wednesday reminds I have to go start my holiday shopping. I know!! I am not joshing!! I haven't purchased any Christmas gifts. I am preoccupied by paper chasing!. Some would say I don't have my priorities in the right place. Wednesday or Thursday I will head to the mall and buy gifts.

Ugh! I hate the commercialization of the holidays. I long for the days when we could give a peppermint stick, a nickle, an orange and apple. OKAY! So, that wasn't my generation, but I have heard it from my great aunts and uncles. That was the norm!! It wasn't about the gift, but about being with each other. I'm off an a tangent.

By the way, update on copying documents. I was lucky enough to find someone who had paper which was the size of our marriage certificate. It was a bear trying to reconfigure the copier. I had a lot of dud copies, but eventually was able to configure it. Then I made copies of our car and house insurance delclarations. I also made copies of our employer statements.

I was able to get a overview of our health insurance, but have to call the insurance company about getting something about adding a child and have them state if they cover pre-existing conditions. I'll do that tomorrow.

I also called the CIS office to see if I have to send original birth certs or copies, but I didn't get an answer to my question. They said I would have to go request an infopass appt and ask the question in person. OH MY GOSH!! Drive 125 miles. I DO NOT THINK SO! I'll ask our dossier consultant and see what she says.

Comments:
Hello, my Husband and I are adopting from China also, we are done with our home studies today. I have had a lost too this year I went through IVF this year and now I am adopting. We will be great moms when we get our little girls!
 
If your social worker's first name begins with an "S" and the last letter of her last name ends with an "r", she's a SWEETHEART. Uhhh, If.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?