Friday, November 25, 2005

 

About Thanksgiving

DH and I had Thanksgiving at my house. Grandma G. and Aunt T. were kind of insensitve without even knowing it.

A few months ago, September 2005, DH and I had a miscarriage. A few months before that, March 2005, we had started to go through the adoption process for a state foster adoption. We didn't think a state foster adoption was the right fit for our family.

Anyway, getting back to Thanksgiving. This was the first time Grandma G. and Aunt T had seen our house. We bought the house with the intention of having starting a family. Anyway, Grandma G, during the house tour said we should have 5 kids with a house this size. I was completely floored. I could only fake a smile. It has only been 2 months since losing our son.

A little later, Aunt T wanted to check her web e-mail on my computer because her son has sent the sonogram pictures of his son! I thought it was rude. I could only fake another smile. I helped her out to view the photos. She then has the nerve to ask me to print them out so she could go show the family. She wouldn't be quiet! Inside my mind I was crying.

I still had a good time and think I handled everything well. DH knew I was upset because I was so quiet and I had a distant expression in my eyes.

That evening I was determined to finish our application to adoption. I told DH I wanted it to be my birthday present.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?